Studying Medicine in Germany, This is the Cost of Studying Medicine in Germany
Studying Medicine in Germany, This is the Cost of Studying Medicine in Germany – Who used to have a childhood dream of becoming a doctor? It seems that most of the children must have dreamed of becoming a doctor, right? You guys are like that too, right?
In the past, when asked the reason for wanting to become a doctor, the answer would be because being a doctor is a noble profession. That’s why many of us when we were little wanted to have a noble job by helping sick people. When he grew up, that hope just disappeared because the reality says that studying medicine is not as easy as it seems.
Moreover, the competition for university entrance selection in Indonesia is getting higher every year. But have you ever thought about plans to continue your studies abroad? In fact, it is not something that is impossible, you know. Because now the opportunity to study medicine in various countries is wide open for you, in Germany for example.
Germany opens up many opportunities for foreign students who want to study in their country. In fact, in 2017-2018 there were at least 10,000 foreign students studying medical faculties in Germany. Medical universities in Germany are also one of the countries chosen by many Indonesian students.
Affordable medical tuition fees in Germany
Many foreign students choose to study in Germany because of the affordable fees. Eits, make no mistake. Although the cost is affordable does not mean the quality of education there is bad. In fact, Germany is one of the countries with the best medical programs that occupy the top positions in the world with the best quality of education, facilities, teaching staff, fees and experience.
Therefore, if you are looking for a medical school that offers high-quality education at an affordable price, then Germany is the right country for you. Most medical faculties at German public universities offer tuition-free programs to foreign students as well as German students. What is meant by free here means there is no building money, only semester money.
Even if you do the math, the cost of medical school expenses in the country and in Germany is more or less the same. Studying medicine in Germany takes about 6.5-7.5 years. So how? Are you interested in studying abroad with good quality but at an affordable price?
List of Universities in Germany that offer programs in Medicine
So, earlier we discussed the cost of studying medicine in Germany. Now we will discuss about universities that open medical programs in Germany. The following is a list of universities in Germany that offer medical programs that you need to know about. Listen and understand carefully, come on!
University of Heidelberg
The first is the medical faculty of the University of Heidelberg which is ranked 63rd university in the world in 2022. The medical faculty at this university is the oldest in Germany. Every year Heidelberg University accommodates international students from abroad continuously.
At least approximately 5 thousand foreign students or around 18.7% of the more than 29 thousand students at Heidelberg University.
University of Leipzig
The University of Leipzig is the second oldest university which was founded on December 2, 1409. At the beginning it consisted of only four scholastic faculties. But now it is more than 600 years old and consists of 48 clinics and specialists and 5 departments. The university’s medical faculty has more than 3,000 foreign students from various countries.
Ludwig Maximilian University (LMU)
Furthermore, there is one of the elite universities in the heart of Munich. LMU is ranked 64th university in the world in 2022. The estimated cost of living required is approximately €9,600. Meanwhile, the estimated tuition fee is approximately € 16,000. The medical faculty at LMU has its own Medical Center which is the center of research and learning. This Medical Center is a hospital complex consisting of five departments and accompanied by sophisticated facilities.
Wow, that’s really cool, friends.
Technische Universität München (TUM)
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) is a university that has been in the city of Munich since 1868. The medical faculty at this university is one of the most popular faculties among international students. TUM is one of the top universities in Europe offering more than 172 degree programs. In addition, this university also has a program, namely the majority of all study programs at TUM are generally free of tuition, except for the MBA program.
Wow, this is really interesting guys. How? Are you interested in enrolling in these universities?
Requirements for studying medicine in Germany
So, earlier we discussed the cost of studying medicine in Germany. So, this time we will discuss the requirements for studying medicine in Germany, what are they? Take a note and listen carefully, come on! The following are the requirements for studying medicine in Germany that you need to know.
Follow the Studienkolleg
All prospective international students who wish to study in Germany are required to attend the Studienkolleg. Later this course will run for a year if you want to study Bachelor of Medicine in Germany.
The Studienkolleg is a higher education institution in Germany which is provided to help foreign students who wish to study in Germany adjust to the education system there. The Studienkolleg provides intensive training programs focused on university entry in Germany. This program typically includes German language, mathematics, science, and social studies, as well as lessons on German culture, politics, and economics.
The Studienkolleg generally runs for a year or half a year, depending on the needs of the student. After completing the Studienkolleg program, students are usually required to take entrance exams for universities in Germany. If they pass the exam, students can apply for courses at universities in Germany.
Studienkolleg in Germany are usually run by universities or other institutions of higher education. To be eligible for the Studienkolleg program, students must meet the entry requirements, including sufficient German language proficiency
Medical university entrance test
Several universities in Germany apply an entrance test known as the “Mediziner Test”. Which later your knowledge, experience, and general abilities in learning will be thoroughly tested.
Improve proficiency in German
If you want to study in Germany, of course you need to be fluent in German especially if you are going to take a scholarship. All universities will require prospective students to have a good command of the German language. In order to study medicine in Germany, a minimum of C1 level language skills is required.
If you are not ready to speak German, that’s okay because there is still time for you to learn German.Generally it takes about 6 months to attend the course. After that, he took a test in order to get a certificate of proficiency in German as one of the requirements to be able to study medicine in Germany.
Tips for Studying in Germany Safely
To be able to study in Germany, there are several steps you need to take:
- Find out which courses suit your interests in higher education in Germany. Several universities in Germany have courses in English.
- Adjust your German language skills to the needs of the study program you choose. Some study programs in Germany require good German language skills, while other study programs may require English as the language of instruction.
- Find out the entry requirements for your chosen course. Entry requirements usually include a high school diploma, results of entrance exams, and appropriate language skills.
- Apply to the university of your choice. Some German universities accept applications through a joint application network, while others may require applications directly to the university.
- Make sure you meet the visa requirements and other documents needed to stay in Germany during the study period. You may need to obtain a study visa or student visa to stay in Germany for the duration of your studies.
- Find out about tuition and living costs in Germany. Several universities in Germany offer scholarships for foreign students, so be sure to check to see if you qualify for a scholarship.
- Find out about lodging in Germany. Some German universities provide hostel accommodation for students, while others may require you to find accommodation on your own. Make sure you think about where to stay before arriving in Germany.
Reasons Why Study Medicine in Germany
There are several reasons why someone might want to study in Germany, including:
- High-quality education: Germany is known as a country with one of the best education systems in the world. German universities have a high reputation and offer high-quality, innovative study programs.
- Affordable tuition fees: In Germany, tuition fees at public universities are generally very low or even free for foreign students. This means that you can complete your course at a lower cost than in other countries.
- Opportunity to learn German: Studying in Germany gives you the opportunity to learn German, which is useful if you plan to live in Germany after graduation or work for a German company.
- Great experience of living abroad: Studying in Germany gives you the opportunity to live in a different country and broaden your horizons about German culture, politics and the economy. This is also a good opportunity to expand your network and gain useful experience for the future.
- Opportunity to work after graduation: After graduating from university in Germany, you have the opportunity to stay in Germany for 18 months in search of work. This is a great opportunity to expand your network and start a career in Germany.
Study Medicine in Germany
Study Medicine in Germany
Available in Stock